We offer in Boat Insurance in the Mount Pleasant area
Boats and personal watercraft are big investments, but if you love being out on the water, you know they’re worth it.
Atlantic Shield Insurance Group can help you find a carrier that offers insurance protection that can protect you, your friends, family, watercraft, and boating equipment.
The average boat policy costs less than a dollar a day.
Do you know what to look for in a Boat Insurance policy? Atlantic Shield Insurance Group can help you purchase the coverage you determine meets your needs.
Mount Pleasant Boat Insurance coverages
- Navigational Area — Know where you are covered in the water. Some insurance companies offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline, into Canadian coastal or inland waters, and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. In California, Florida and Oregon, coverage for additional areas can be purchased.
- Agreed Value Coverage — Watercrafts depreciate just like cars. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that has been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Liability — Like car insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments — Medical payments coverage can pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and can cover you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers.
- Physical Damage Coverage — Physical damage coverage can pay for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury — Since boat insurance is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater and you are injured, this type of coverage can pay for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal — Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat’s owner, you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects — Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment. Limits vary by state, so check with us for what's required in your state. Personal effects coverage does not include jewelry, watches or furs.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage — This can pay to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps, etc.
- Emergency Assistance — The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor, and delivery of gas, oil, or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
To get started, enter your details below, or call our office, and we'll walk you through the process.